Monday, June 15, 2009

Birds and Babies....Oh my!

Here's one of Mark's favorite birds, a yellow finch.
Here's one of my favorite birds. By the way, my granddaughter, Maya, wrote a book called Henrietta of Hummingville. She's 8 1/2. She told me the book got published. Her teacher gave her a blank book and she wrote her story and put pictures and drawings in it. I think that's what Maya calls, published....cute.
Mark made mint juleps and they were good! We usually have them during the Kentucky Derby, but this day just screamed mint juleps! Our mint we grow is loaded if you want to come over for a drink. Mark also makes Mojito's with the mint.
This is my new grandson, Luke. He's outnumbered by big sisters and I think he wants to get his 2 cents in.
Here's our author, Maya, who adores her new little cousin, Luke, in one of his quiet moments.
This week is the Knitter's Connection at the Columbus Convention Center starting the 17th and running through the 20th. Also at the same time will be the NQA Show...the National Quilt Show in the same building (how could I be so lucky to have two of my hobbies at conventions where I live??). A few of my quilting buddies are coming down for a visit and we're all going to hang out there for a few days. The quilt show runs from the 18th through the 20th. On the 26th and 27th of this month will be the United Quilt Guild Biennial Quilt Show in Sebring, Ohio. I'll be going up north for that one. I have a bed quilt entered in that show. I'll post photos of quilts in the next few weeks.

No comments: