Saturday, January 29, 2011

We've had lots of snow, but I love it!

You'll see from the photos this time that most of them revolve around snow....even the dogs.  I do enjoy snow and like driving in it too.  After shovelling last year and hurting my back, we purchased a snowblower (Mark secretly has been wanting one for years now)....after all, we aren't getting any younger.  All I've had to do is use a broom a few times.  Mark is really enjoying his new job outside!

 Ivy is enjoying her job....patiently waiting for a squirrel to come down from the tree....
it doesn't happen.

 Lily enjoys eating the snow....
she would rather do that than drink from her water bowl in the house.


On Martin Luther King Day, we went to the zoo and met Anana, the new polar bear who was very entertaining.  Of course, there is glass between her and the kid.  She's chewing on a huge bone.....taking a break from swimming and jumping on a plastic barrel.

Mark with his 'manly' scarf I made him to keep his neck warm.

 
 Me in my purple 'Poppy' sweater from the Yarnplay book.  I never choose purple which was my mother's favorite color...so this is an homage to my mom.  This sweater is made from Noro Silk Garden and Cash Iroha.  It does have wool in it...so another warm sweater to wear in the snow.

 On the hangar....

The back!

The weekend of the 21st and 22nd was a girl's weekend for me.  My old buddies from my quilt guild up north and I, who took the Sue Spargo class, Magnolia.... like to get together every few months to work on our blocks.  It's lots of laughter, food and wine and of course, you can see we do get hand sewing accomplished.  The night before I drove back north for this fun weekend we had 6" of snow. 
Ohio does a great job of keeping the expressways cleared.

 Beth's block

 One flower from my block

 Linda Henderson's house block (the center of her quilt)

 ...another of Henderson's blocks.

 Paula worked on a different Spargo quilt class we took.  She calls it her 'dark' quilt.  It's actually a basket block quilt and very nice.

 Linda Robb's handwork on a netbook messenger bag she's making.

Sue Elze's flower on one of her blocks.

It's so great to share ideas and you can see how creative everyone is!  We use wool fabric, velvet, cotton and beads to make our blocks. 
The weather won't stop me from having fun with my friends...it was so worth driving in all that snow. 
That's it for January. 
Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Jen said...

nice, Mom ... glad you had fun with your girls!!