Saturday, February 25, 2012

Photos from our Spargo Sistas Weekend on Feb. 17th.....


Paula got her basket quilt center blocks pieced during our Spargo Sistas Weekend.  That always feels like quite an accomplishment!  It's very folksy and will look great hanging on her railing as you come in her door.  Most of the blocks have sayings embroidered on them.  LOVE it!


Linda worked on her borders for her Magnolia quilt.  I just love looking at her embroidery stitches! Mostly wool fabric was used in Linda's quilts and mine. 



Then she showed us her new table runner she made which is one block of the Red Clover pattern.  We loved it too....I especially love her embroidery on the leaves below.


Here's the full view....isn't it beautiful?


Here's a close-up of the flower on the table runner.


Ok....then she started stitching her first block of yet another pattern called Crimson Tweed.  Let's all say this together...."Linda wins for being an overachiever!"


Her blanket stitch around the branches of this tree reminded me of pine needles.  Her fly stitch on the ornaments with Dazzle thread were gorgeous and shiny! 


Here's a close-up of one of Paula's basket blocks.  I love this one....isn't that great?  Laughter is the best medicine! 


This is a photo of my one block I worked on the whole weekend.  The block did have 3 of these flowers on it (in my defense) but I definitely did not achieve as much as my friends.  It is all fun however, because we eat, drink and be merry!



No comments: