Wednesday, July 25, 2012

We're sure having a hot summer here in Ohio!

April brought one 5K and the opening of golf season for us, May took us to the Finger Lakes in N.Y. for a vacation through the wineries for our 23rd wedding anniversary, Memorial Day weekend I ran a 4 mile run in the unbearable heat to benefit the Honor Flight, June was the fabulous National Quilt Assoc. show at the Convention Center with my girlfriends from our old neighborhood in northern Ohio plus a celebration of our granddaughter's 1st birthday and grandson's 3rd birthday, July took us to South Haven, Michigan for a family vacation plus another grandson's 13th birthday. 


Waterfall at the Watkins Glen Trail.....a 2.8 mile hike total and more beautiful scenery than this one photo shows.


One of the beautiful wineries with the lake in the background.


Mark's wish came true with a sailplane ride which reminded him of his father who founded the Cleveland Soaring Society back in about 1960.


All of the grandkids in South Haven.....Luke (3), Haley (1), Maya (11), Taryn (10), Austin (13) and Morgan (7).


A first place was won by my friend, Linda Henderson, for her creation of my grandson, Luke, playing in the bubbles of a bath.  She entered it in a challenge at the NQA show, then it was auctioned off for $400.  Guess who the buyer was?  Yep, me!


My giant Dinner Plate Hibiscus.


An unusual leafed plant I saw at the Westerflora Garden Show this last weekend.  Does anyone know what it is?  I don't and wish I did.



We have an engagement to announce....our son, Matt, proposed to Kathleen Mccarthy, a beautiful young woman he met in Chicago where they live.  A July 6th, 2013 wedding is being planned.

I have been working on several projects.....a new quilt for my grandson, Austin, a few knitting projects that I have yet to finish and I'm happy to say my quilt friends are coming back to my house in August so we can work on our Sue Spargo quilts.

Wishing you a beautiful summer!

No comments: