Friday, November 21, 2008

I've been down with a cold....but, still keeping busy.

Yes, I had a flu shot, but they don't guarantee you won't pick up something. This felt like the flu when it first started with the achy body. Now it's just a cold. I've been staying home so I don't infect all of my friends.
So, while I've been at home I've been a little busy with my projects and I thought I'd show you some photos. I've made some progress on the little Ballerina Wrap sweater I showed you earlier. I now have the sleeves done besides the back and one of the fronts is almost finished.

I also finished the purple sweater I was working on.

This photo was taken before I was stricken with the cold!

To cheer me up while I'm down, I was able to pick up my new Janome Platinum 760 - 12 lb. machine for use in classes. I had it in layaway at Red Rooster Quilt Shop since August. I've been playing with all the stitches it has this morning. Quite a fun little machine!

My son Patrick's other best friend just had her baby boy, Logan, on the 19th so I've been working on his baby quilt. I can't believe that I (a Buckeye fan) am making a Michigan quilt for this little guy, but I am. This photo shows the pieces on my design wall and you can see the Michigan fabric I'm using as a border at the top. The design wall fabric is the grid looking spaces and those need filled with more 9 patch blocks. Use your imagination or squint and maybe you'll be able to tell what I'm up to. The 2nd photo is the paper project I printed out of EQ4 for my design and little squares that will become 9 patch blocks. The last two photos here are of neckwarmers that I have on my needles. The one on the left is called A Noble Cowl and has an intricate shield pattern done in a teal yarn. The one on the right is a neckwarmer made with Caron Spa yarn that is incredibly soft. The Spa neckwarmer will have either one or two buttons to keep it wrapped around the neck....you'll see later!

That's it for today. I'll see you again after Thanksgiving with family photos.
Have a Happy Turkey Day!!!

2 comments:

lindah said...

Sorry to hear you're down with the bug but glad that you're on the mend. I love the color of both blue yarns. And your purple sweater is really cool! I hope to knit like you someday!

Linda

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better and had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
xo Sherry & Bob

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/razzleberry2008/GingerbreadSnowGIG.gif