Monday, November 3, 2008

A Road Trip on November 1st

Mark and I drove to Williamstown, WV to meet my quilting buddy, Linda Henderson and her hubby, Jack. We met at The Woolen Willow, a charming little quilt shop with lots of wool, cotton and some yarn. The owner and her parents were so warm and friendly. They made all of us feel welcome. We each made a purchase....we like to support our local quilt shops so they can stay in business!
We had lunch at a great Italian restaurant just down the street called DaVinci's....a must stop!
After lunch we went to Marietta, Ohio (just across the river from Williamstown) to tour The Castle. Check out the link and these beautiful front doors. Our docent was quite a character which made the tour interesting.

The weather was beautiful and made for a great drive to and from.

I'm not sure if I mentioned that I was working on this kerchief scarf. One of my knitting teachers Beth Monahan, had one on in class and I loved hers so made one for myself. I purchased my beads from Byzantium Bead Shop in the Short North area of Columbus. Such a cool shop with lots of choices and helpful employees. I've included their website as well.

...and I have to close with this photo of my beautiful burning bushes which have changed to their glorious red hair.

No comments: