Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Just a quick note and photos.

Since I like to keep the creative juices flowing hopefully for everyone, here's a kerchief neckscarf to show that I knitted with a quartz bead added at the tip and sterling silver cones at the ends. The sweater is on a hanger....I am not that flat chested! This idea came from a teacher friend of mine who made one....thanks, Beth!
Next project up is a baby sweater made with Sublime Cashmere Merino Silk....doesn't that sound wonderfully soft? It is! I love doing baby sweaters because they go so fast. This one is possibly for a niece's baby. We have two niece's who are due next year. I'm making the 0-3 month size. I love this little method...I'm knitting both sleeves at the same time on a circular needle so they will both be finished together. The trim on the sweater will be done with the pink ball of yarn. I'm making Ballerina booties to go with the Ballerina Wrap sweater. That's the back of the sweater laying there all blocked. I'll do the fronts last.
On another set of needles I have a Floppy Dog coming along. It's from the Knitted Toys book by Zoe Moeller. That will also go to one of the niece's. I will post photos when it is finished otherwise you wouldn't think it looks like a dog at all without the stuffing in it and the legs attached. Woof, woof! And last but not least...I will be posting a photo next week with a new baby boy quilt on my design wall. I'm excited to get moving on it because that little baby is due any day now. My son's best friends (soon to be parents of this little guy) are also Michigan fans (??) and Patrick says it must have Michigan fabric in it. I found some on a Google search and it will be in the borders. So you guessed it, the quilt will be blue and maize with white as well. That's it for today!

No comments: